Employment Lawyers in Charlotte

Federal and state employment law and regulations protect all workers in North Carolina, from the entry level, blue collar employee to the experienced, corporate executive.

If an employer violated your rights, you need an employment lawyer in Charlotte to set things right. That’s where Gibbons Leis, PLLC comes in. We represent wronged employees, helping them exercise their rights and recover compensation for their losses.

Gibbons Legal Group Location

Here are just some of the employment cases we handle:

Unpaid Wages or Overtime

You have a right to be paid for every hour you work and earn at least the federal minimum wage. Failing to pay an employee or denying overtime pay violates this right. We can help you recover the unpaid wages your employer owes you.


It is illegal for employers to discriminate against workers or job applicants based on race, gender, religion, disability, national origin, age, or pregnancy. If an employer discriminated against you, call us today to hold the employer accountable.

Sexual Harassment

Sexual harassment is a form of sex discrimination under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Whether an employer is directly responsible for the harassment or allows it, you may have a case and could be entitled to damages.


If an employee files a workers’ compensation claim, files a complaint, or becomes a whistleblower on illegal activities, federal law prevents the employer from retaliating. Employers who violate this law could be liable for damages.

Family and Medical Leave Act

The Family and Medical Leave Act allows employees time off for the birth of a child, serious health conditions, and other circumstances. Employers who discipline employees for missing work in these situations or fail to recognize health issues may owe damages to wronged employees.

Get Help from an Employment Lawyer in Charlotte

If your employer violated your rights as an employee, you may be entitled to compensation for lost income and benefits, pain and suffering, and punitive damages. Gibbons Leis, PLLC can help you recover this compensation and reach other resolutions to your employment law case, including avoiding termination. Call 704-612-0038 today.